CC NET PROOF OF CONCEPT FUNDING AND BUSINESS INTERACTION VOUCHERS 2019

Applications are invited for CCnet, Proof of Concept (PoC) funds to support projects of less than 12 months, which is at Technology Readiness Levels 1-4 in this exciting area of Carbon ReCycling.

Call Title:  ‘Industrial Decarbonisation: Challenges & Opportunities’

Clusters of large industrial plants for energy-intensive industries such as iron and steel, cement, refining and chemicals, have developed near UK ports and estuaries.  The industrial decarbonisation challenge aims to accelerate the cost-effective decarbonisation of these industries by developing and deploying low-carbon technologies.  It is expected that specific technology domains, such as hydrogen and carbon capture and utilisation (CCU) will figure prominently.   Applications centred on autotrophs are invited that can make a contribution to this UK challenge, which aim to enable the deployment of infrastructure at scale by the mid-2020s.

OPENS: 24th September 2019
CLOSES: 30th October 2019, 5PM
FUNDS AVAILABLE: UP TO 4 X £50,000 is available for research which is at Technology Readiness Levels 1-4.

ELIGIBILTY:

  • CCnet membership
  • BBSRC eligible

PoCs are awarded at 80% fEC.  The awardee at the academic institution MUST be willing to provide the remaining 20% fEC.  Although an industrial partner is not required for PoC funding, it is encouraged.

For more information on funding and for application forms visit https://ccnet-nibb.co.uk/funding-opportunity/
Or contact ccnet@nottingham.ac.uk

 

BUSINESS INTERACTION VOUCHERS 2019
1st Call

BBSRC NIBB Business Interaction Vouchers up to £10K, 100% costed will be used to encourage and support collaboration between academic partners and industrial partners within the CCnet framework. They will be awarded to undertake a defined piece of work by the academic partner for the industrial partner. The industrial partner will be expected to at least match the value of the awarded voucher, either through a cash or in-kind contribution.

OPENS: 24th September 2019
CLOSES: 15th November 2019
FUNDS AVAILABLE: Up to £10K per voucher, 100% costed

ELIGIBILTY:

  • CCnet membership
  • BBSRC eligible

New collaborations and those aiming to move research up the Technology Readiness Levels will be prioritized. Individual BIV projects should last no longer than 6 months and the project must begin within 3 months of receipt of the offer letter.

For more information on funding and for application forms visit
https://ccnet-nibb.co.uk/funding-opportunity/
Or contact louise.dynes@nottingham.ac.uk